Recently moved to Pune? This one is for you. A common question whenever one moves to a new city is how to effectively utilize the short respite from the gruelling Weekdays, that Weekends offer. Luckily, you are in Pune, which boasts of a wide variety of Places catering to a diverse set of interests, so be rest assured that you will find something of your interest happening around you. The city is brimming with a youthful energy owing primarily to a large corporate and students populace. We have consolidated some of the most iconic places that you just can’t miss, here they are (in no particular order) –
1. Vohuman Cafe – This Irani Cafe has been a favorite early morning breakfast amongst the Punekars for the past 38 years. Famous for it’s cheese omelette and Bun Maska, the place is always brimming with people often including a long queue waiting outside. It is the ideal stop before undertaking an early morning trip. Mr. Hormaz Irani, the owner of the place with his lively behavior provides another compelling reason to visit this place Location: Near Ruby Hall Timing: 6 A.M. to 6 P.M.
2. Dagdusheth Ganpati – The famous Ganesha temple with it’s mesmerising idol is a must visit. If you are lucky enough to be in Pune around the time of Ganesh Chaturthi, then you can witness the spectacle for which people come from far and wide just to catch a glimpse of their Dagdusheth as it is one of the most famous Ganesh Chaturthi Pandals in the whole of Maharashtra Location: Budhvar Peth Timing: 6 A.M. to 11 P.M.
3. Vaishali – An iconic South Indian Restaurant that is one of the oldest restaurants in Pune. With some of the best South Indian food delivered quickly accompanied by a happily chatting crowd, it is an ideal place to spend a good evening with friends and family. Location: F.C. Road Timing: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
4. Laxmi Road – Girls this one if for you, shopping district of Pune. Laxmi Road is a shopper’s paradise with narrow lanes and by-lanes accompanied by the hustling crowd. It’s a perfect destination for all kinds of shopping be it clothes, footwear, jewellery, etc. across different price points.While there, don’t forget to flaunt your bargaining skills Location: Laxmi Road Timing: 11 A.M. to 10 P.M. (Closed on Mondays)
5. WNS Road – Owing to the numerous call centers, the road opposite WNS is the best place to quench your late Night hunger. With roadside stalls open all Night long, serving epic street food like Maggi, Egg Bhurji, Pav Bhaji, etc. along with much needed late-night Chai Location: Yerwada Timing: Open till late in the Night
6. Cafe Good Luck – Probably the oldest restaurant in Pune established in 1935, this Irani Cafe is famous for it’s Irani chai and Bun Maska It also functions as a full-fledged restaurant serving a range of lip smacking dishes with a very quick service and its open for nearly 17 hours making it a place suitable for any time of the day Location: F.C. Road Timing: 7 A.M. to 11:30 P.M.
7. Shaniwar Wada Fort – The Landmark which is the hallmark of Pune, the fort of Peshwa Bajirao is synonymous with Pune. The fort with a rich heritage is a great source to understand the history of the great Maratha warriors and the fascinating stories associated with it, make the whole experience even more engaging. For those who liked Bajirao Mastani, this is your opportunity to visit the Moti Mahal Location: Shaniwar Peth Timing: 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM
8. The High Spirits – One of the highlights of Pune’s thriving Nightlife scene, famous for it’s live Music and Sunday cookout. The right mix of Music, Beer and Food to go along with one of the best crowds in the city, make this one a must visit for all the Party lovers. Location: Koregaon Park Annexe Timing: 7:30 PM to 11:30 PM, on Sunday also open from 1:30 A.M. to 4 P.M. (Monday Closed)
Missed your favorite place, let us know in the comments.
To make the most of your Weekends in Pune, Download Brisky, a personalized platform that helps you discover and book the most happening Nightlife events in Pune. Never miss a Party with Brisky!